You can help Campaign Life Coalition by attending all-candidates meetings during election time and asking questions on life/family issues that force the candidates to divulge their position. Then report the answers back to us.
Sample questions you can ask at All-Candidates Meetings
- (For Ontario) The Ontario Government decided to implement a new sex-ed curriculum beginning in Sept 2010. It will teach 8 year olds about homosexual marriage, sexual orientation and gender identity. It will subject 6th graders to instruction on the pleasures of masturbation and vaginal lubrication, and 12 year olds to lessons on oral sex and anal intercourse. This is the corrupting of our children. Will you or will you not oppose implementation of this curriculum in our schools?
- Do you agree that parents should have the right to withdraw their kids from classroom lessons or presentations involving controversial issues such as abortion, contraception and homosexuality?
- Will you personally uphold and work toward the public promotion of total fidelity to the official moral, social and dogmatic teachings of the Catholic Church? (Current examples include the illicitness of abortion, contraception and homosexual practice.)
- Will you oppose teachings and attitudes in the school setting that undermine respect for the dignity of human life from conception to natural death?
- Will you work to ensure that guest speakers and educational materials that enter the premises of Catholic schools (e.g. library resources, curriculum texts) and all approved activities are consistent with and do not undermine the morality and teachings of the Church?
Project: Citizen Journalist
Our website now features the capability of showing video clips of MPs and candidates. Please volunteer as a reporter with PROJECT: CITIZEN JOURNALIST
Tools required: (1) friend, (1) camcorder or video enabled camera / phone
Step 1: Find the date(s) of upcoming all candidates meetings (or nomination meetings) in your riding.
Step 2: Attend the meeting with your friend.
Step 3: Try getting seats as close as possible to stage (for best sound quality)
Step 4: Ask one of the sample questions above.
Step 5: While you are questioning, and the candidates are responding, your friend is filming their answers.
Step 6: Contact CLC to arrange getting the video to us. If the video is good, we will post it on the candidates' personal web profile (see sample below), so that all voters can know their position.