The government of Ontario is allowing parents to submit feedback via email. To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Email your written submission to [email protected]; and
2. Add “provincial consultations” as the subject; and
3. Include your name or the name of your organization; ad
4. Attach your submission as a PDF or Word document. Do not copy & paste your submission into the body of the email. It must be in a PDF or Word document.
Further down this page, Campaign Life Coalition has provided you with talking points to help you know what to say about the sex ed curriculm. You can pick and choose which are most important to you, but one thing that CLC would ask you to do is to be sure you state that "the anti-scientific theory of gender identity must not be taught, ever, at any grade".
Below, we have also provided talking points regarding what parents would like to see included in a Parents' Bill of Rights, something which Premier Ford has promised.
Talking Points on the sex ed curriculum
Pick and choose from the list of talking points below, to help you explain why the harmful elements of the Wynne/Levin sex program must be deleted or changed in any new curriculum update. They include six topics that we'd like to see added to the curriculum, at age-appropriate levels.
Part 1) LESSONS TO BE DELETED OR CHANGED FROM WYNNE’S CONTROVERSIAL SEX ED CURRICULUM
Part 2) LESSONS THAT ARE LACKING IN THE WYNNE CURRICULUM THAT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED BY PREMIER FORD’S UPCOMING NEW SEX ED
Part 3) Additional Talking Points
For more insights, you can watch this video by Dr. Miriam Grossman, a professional child psychologist who dissected the Wynne sex curriculum in 2015 and gave devastating insights into the harm it would cause.
Talking Points for a Parents' Bill of Rights
Here are 6 principles that CLC believes should be included in a Parents' Bill of Rights. If possible, put them in your own words.
1. All schools must give parents sufficient advance notice about upcoming sex ed lessons, or other discussions, guest speakers, and school-wide awareness campaigns that may touch upon sex and sexuality.
2. Parent have the right to withdraw their children from any lesson or presentation that the parents deem controversial or which may undermine the family’s religious beliefs.
3. Advance notification and opt-out rights will be vigorously enforced by the Ministry of Education with all legal tools available, in the event that a hostile school board tries to circumvent the Parents' Bill of Rights by claiming that lessons on homosexuality and transgenderism are not “sex education” per se, but rather “human rights education”, and somehow, therefore, off-limits to parents. (Note: The Toronto and Hamilton public boards have already announced this). These enumerated parental rights must be absolute.
4. Parents must be informed of, and give consent for, their child to join any co-curricular or extra-curricular student club, including but not limited to, Gay-Straight Alliance clubs (GSAs) and anti-bullying clubs.
5. Parental notification and consent is required for all health-related services available to their minor children, whether of a physical, emotional or mental nature.
6. Parents are the primary educators of children, and this cannot be abrogated by the Education System.
Please donate to Campaign Life Coalition so we can continue this important work of protecting our children's innocence, and parental rights. Donate here.