Campaign to block RU-486
A recent article in the Canadian Medical Association Journal stated that a pharmaceutical company has submitted an application to Health Canada which, if approved, would bring into Canada the dangerous chemical abortion drug known as RU-486. Clinical trials of this drug in Canada were halted in 2001 after a woman was killed by RU-486 due to a septic shock side-effect.
Since the publication of the article, a Health Canada bureaucrat has said no such application exists. However, the authors insist it does. It could be that this particular bureaucrat was not aware of the application. It could also be that the authors tipped their a hand a bit early, and the application has yet to be submitted. Regardless of the scenario, this dangerous chemical abortion pill must be blocked, and Campaign Life Coalition is continuing its petition campaign.
Sign our petition to Health Minister Rona Ambrose
Once a sufficient number of signatures are gathered, CLC's Ottawa lobbyist will personally deliver the petitions to the office of Canada’s Minister of Health, the Hon. Rona Ambrose.
Help make this petition go viral! Send the link to all your email contacts. Share it on Facebook and Twitter.
|Email your MP a professional, pre-written message using our automated software
Email your M.P. now
Our one-click email tool automatically sends your MP a persuasively-written message urging them to speak out against approval of RU-486 by Health Canada. Your MP will receive it from your personal email address. The pre-written message includes “required text” but permits you to personalize your message with additional text. .
|Write a LETTER TO THE EDITOR of local & national newspapers using our automated tool
Our cause will be assisted if pro-lifers influence the public debate by bombarding newspapers across the country with letters to the editor on this topic. Based on your postal code, our Letter To The Editor program will give you a choice of local and national publications from which to choose.
Then, it provides you with talking points to help you write a customized letter through our website. Choose one or two “talking points” along the right hand side to help you personalize your letter. We’ve placed a limit of 250 words which the program will count for you.
In the final step, click
FACTS ABOUT THE CHEMICAL ABORTION PILL RU-486
• An RU-486 abortion involves a two-drug combination usually offered to women less than nine weeks pregnant. Mifepristone, a synthetic steroid, blocks the hormone progesterone. This shuts down the woman’s pregnancy-sustaining mechanism with the result that the baby, deprived of necessary life-support, starves to death and detaches from the uterine wall. Misoprostol, given a day or so later, initiates powerful uterine contractions that cause the woman to expel her baby.
• Many women have died after taking RU-486, including at least 14 in the U.S. (According to a 2011 study by the FDA)
• Numerous studies from around the world have proven this abortifacient drug to be dangerous.
• Even the pro-abortion feminist author, Renate Klein, published a book stating that the drug is an “unsafe, second-rate abortion method with significant problems” after seeing its effects for over 20 years."
• Canadian trials were halted in 2001 after a woman died from toxic shock, brought on by the RU-486 abortion.
• Canada has very wisely kept this drug out of our country based on the evidence of severe side-effects and complications which include severe cramping, nausea, vomiting, heavy bleeding, heart attacks (particularly in women over thirty five and smokers) and death.
•2006 research by Regine Sitruk-Ware found that of the 1.5 million women in the United States and France who took the drug, 10 per cent experienced severe bleeding;
• RU-486 was designed by Roussel Uclaf, a subsidiary of the same German company which produced Zyklon-B gas for Hitler’s gas chambers during WWII to murder millions of Jews, Poles and others whom the Nazis viewed as unworthy of life.